Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) & Graduate Research Assistantships (GRA)
All masters students are self-funded at Georgia Tech-Europe. There are limited opportunities for GRAs and GTAs. For more information, please contact Bertrand Boussert, Deputy Director of Academics.
The Georgia Tech-Europe Challenge Fellowship (masters level)
This fellowship is only available to students who have already completed two semesters of study on the European campus, and who will be coming to the Atlanta campus in their third semester.
The Georgia Tech-Europe Challenge Fellowship is a need-based fellowship established to support outstanding Georgia Tech graduate students who might not be able to participate in a program of study through Georgia Tech-Europe without financial assistance.
The Georgia Tech-Europe Endowment Fund, which funds this fellowship, is comprised of donations from alumni and friends of Georgia Tech-Europe.
Funds will be disbursed to masters students from the Challenge Fund each year, as follows:
- $ 2,250* – to one current graduate students per semester (international or U.S.) participating in Georgia Tech's masters program who have spent their first two semesters of study on the Lorraine campus, and will complete their final semester(s) in Atlanta. $2,250 will will be disbursed for Fall semester and $2,250 for Spring semester.
- Funds to be disbursed during the semester the winning student is at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, so winning students must be prepared to pay their tuition in full to GTE before leaving the Metz campus.
- The final amount may be reduced according to tax laws in the US and the student's home country.
- Georgia Tech-Europe may elect to give two awards of $1,125 each semester, rather than one award of $2,250 per semester.
- Deadline to apply for Spring is November 15; decision made by the end of November.
- Deadline to apply for Fall is June 15; decision made by the end of July.
The fellowships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Review of GTE Challenge Fellowship Application - Fall 2023 or GTE Challenge Fellowship Application - Spring 2024
- Personal reasons for wishing to attend GTE
- Future professional goals
- Personal situation and circumstances explaining why you are applying for the Fellowship
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Applications will be reviewed by committee, in coordination with the Office of Financial Aid. Please complete the GTE Challenge Fellowship online at the links listed above. Please have a letter of recommendation from a faculty member emailed to email@example.com
Campus France: Scholarships and Fellowships offered through Campus France apply only to students enrolled in the French higher education system. Prospective Georgia Tech-Europe students are not eligible for these scholarships. Georgia Tech-Europe is an affiliate of Georgia Tech, and is a U.S. higher education institution.
Please address any questions regarding graduate fellowships to Allie Crain.